Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Craft Tip of the Month: An Extra Hand


Have you ever been working on a crafting project (of any kind) and wished you had a third hand (or forth or fifth and so on)? I know I find myself in this predicament often while crafting.  So I came up with a very easy solution that anyone can make.

Simply take a small plastic bag (I like using small parts bags, but snack zip-lock or sandwich bags work great too depending on what size you need) and fill it up with something heavy. I used play sand in mine but you could use beans, popcorn, cat litter, etc.  Use whatever you have one hand that will give weight to the bag.


Now you have that extra hand (or two) and there is no more waiting for glue to dry, or holding down a paper rosette as you try to grab the glue gun, or leave a bag out overnight on that wonderful card you just made that will not lay down flat.  I have used mine for all of these purposes and more.  I'm sure you will come up with dozens of ways to use them. Share how you use yours in the comments below.

 
Make sure you make several because once you have them you will find yourself using them often.

I hope you find this tip helpful.

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment